An excellent opportunity to join a successful UK Top 40 Chartered Accountants with both a national and international reach as an Audit Manager. The Audit Manager will manage a diverse range of audit clients across a variety of industry sectors with a turnover range of £1m to £100m including high street names, multinational groups and venture capital backed groups.
We are looking for an ACA/ACCA/CA qualified individual with a wealth of experience within audit and the ability to create a vibrant working environment, where individual talent can thrive, within a dynamic framework, all working towards a common objective.
The Audit Manager will also be skilled in business development activities, winning work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients using formal and informal pitching procedures.
Day to day duties will include:
- Manage certain corporate clients which fall outside the audit threshold, but which have more complex issues and require higher levels of ad-hoc work, i.e. cash flow forecasting, management accounts production.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address challenging, complex and interesting issues.
- Take direct responsibility for all aspects the services we provide, incorporating remuneration planning, corporate group structures, etc.
- Supporting clients through corporate transactions (sales, purchases, fund raising etc.).
- Close liaison with the internal tax department and the ability to deal with tax computations and corporation tax issues.
- Assist the partner, director & associate director in ad hoc project work including corporate finance assignments (due diligence, AIM listings, MBOs, raising finance etc.).
- Create strong relationships across the client portfolio, becoming the trusted advisor on all technical and commercial issues.
- Effectively manage, motivate, mentor and develop a team of qualified, part qualified and trainees.
- Provide input and recommendations into recruitment/staffing levels
- Review and appraise internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made.
- Establish a strong network of contacts internally and externally, including bank managers and solicitors.
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.).
Excellent benefits including competitive holiday allowance, flexi-working policy, pension scheme with up to 4% of gross salary, Christmas & summer parties, regular charity events and leisure & entertainment discounts.
For more information on this role please get in touch with Poppy King or submit your CV by clicking apply.