A local heritage business, a pillar of the local community, requires a right hand to support the FD.
The successful applicant will have a challenging task ahead of them, requiring the genuine sparks of passion and enthusiasm to succeed so future generations can enjoy. This is a role requiring leadership, both in keeping the small Finance Team on track to ensure efficient financial transaction processing and relevant management and statutory information and liaising with the sixteen hundred volunteers who give their time to give back to the community. A love of giving back, local history and really getting involved is a distinct advantage.
• Proactive cash monitoring, management and forecasting
• Producing management information for the Board and Budget Centre Managers including acting as deputy to the Head of Finance at board meetings
• Liaising with external bodies including auditors, bankers, tax authorities, suppliers and multiple internal departments, staff and volunteers.
• Provide financial input and support to the commercial departments to aid decision making
• Undertake financial modeling to produce the annual finance plan
• Manage the Finance team including all processes impacting general ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll
• Provide support for and development of the Pegasus Opera Accounting System and other accounting processes
• Produce forecasts and budgets on facts, trends and analysis
You will ensure:
• Cash is managed to Annual Budget
• The management accounts and commentary are produced within 6 working days
• Other management information is produced accurately, promptly and insightfully
• The commercial departments across the business are supported as “internal customers”
• Statutory tasks are performed accurately to deadlines
• The audit year end runs smoothly with no reported control issues
• The functions of the Pegasus Opera system are made use of
• the office moves towards becoming paperless with efficient processes in place
You will be/have:
• CCAB qualified accountant with at least 2 years post-qualification experience gained in a commercial SME environment (preferably retail, manufacturing and/or engineering)
• Extensive financial accounting including managing, developing and improving Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and General Ledger.
• Statutory Accounts preparation.
• Extensive Management Reporting and Information provision, including developing company-wide KPI’s.
• Experience managing a Finance Team in an SME environment.
• IT Integrated Systems use and development experience.
• Advanced level Excel skills.
• General systems and process improvement.