CY Executive Resourcing is committed to eliminating the exploitation of people under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (The Act). It is CY Executive Resourcing’s policy to conduct all of its business in an honest, transparent and ethical manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking within CY Executive Resourcing and its supply chains, and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate.
As a provider of recruitment services we do not have a particularly complicated supply chain and as a specialist financial recruitment consultancy, the majority of the candidates we place have extensive professional work experience. In the UK we work with numerous organisations within Commerce & Industry, Public Practice, Charities, ‘Not for Profit’ and Public Sector Organisations. Trading in this area for 19 years, we have close relationships with our suppliers, good visibility of our supply chain and do not believe we are particularly susceptible to labour exploitation or other forms of slavery and human trafficking.
Our supply chain includes, but is not limited to, sourcing candidates for clients. This may involve the introduction by external agencies of candidates for onward supply to our clients. We expect our suppliers and potential suppliers to aim for high ethical standards and to operate in an ethical, legally-compliant and professional manner. We also expect our suppliers to promote similar standards in their own supply chain.
Due Diligence Measures
1. CY Executive Resourcing has published an anti-modern slavery and human trafficking policy which is available to all of its staff on the company’s internet. As part of our commitment to ensuring a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, all our colleagues undergo annual awareness training.
2. Placing a high priority on providing a caring service to all those with whom we work, our recruitment consultants have in depth conversations with all temps we seek to place, getting an understanding of their personal circumstances, motivations and any issues which may affect their work ability. If they suspect any underlying issue may exist, including modern slavery and human trafficking, consultants are encouraged to discuss suspicions with their Manager and Director, who will ensure the appropriate action is taken.
3. CY Executive Resourcing carries out strict compliance checks on all temporary workers it supplies. In this respect we have established and audited procedures to ensure that those workers:
- Have a right to work in the UK. This involves viewing the workers original passport
- We take out previous employer references on all our temporary workers, verifying their career history, employment status and dates.
- Where we pay the worker, we check that each worker has a bank account in their own name into which their remuneration is paid.
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54 (1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes CY Executive Resourcing’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st July 2020.
Signed Cynthia Parker
CY Executive Resourcing Ltd