Our NHS client based in the Homes Counties is looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner for 15 months.
The post will support clinical divisions for an NHS acute provider.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with current active membership, and a proven track record of at least 3 years within NHS financial management/business partnering roles for acute providers.
You will be a personable and credible individual with experience of working within clinical divisions, and supporting senior clinical stakeholders.
- To provide an expert financial service to managers and clinicians within an agreed portfolio of Directorates and ensure that all relevant financial procedures, governance and guidance are adhered to
- To support and challenge the performance of the operational and corporate divisions through the use of financial benchmarking and performance information
- To build strong working relationships and partner working with Divisional leads to develop an understanding of operational activities at all levels
- To work with divisional managers to produce annual budgets which fulfil all required objectives and are within the resources available to the Division and the Trust
- To provide divisional managers with high quality, accurate, relevant and timely information to ensure financial targets are met
- To develop plans in conjunction with divisions to manage activity and costs within targets and to ensure that any current variances are reported, and corrective action plans produced
- To contribute to and support with divisional service improvements & transformational change which improves financial sustainability
- To provide expert advice on all divisional business cases from a financial perspective (capital and revenue) and ensure that the case supports the divisional/Trust objectives
- To attend key meetings with operational leads and Executive Directors and lead discussions on the financial performance of the division
- To provide regular forecasts covering costs, activity, manpower and income and to report potential variances from plans and to initiate plans to implement corrective action, as necessary
- To ensure that divisions understand and are able to deliver targets contained and agreed within the Trust's financial recovery implementation plan
- To take a proactive approach in supporting the development of Divisional efficiency plans & improvement opportunities to ensure that these are both achievable, deliverable and quantifiable
- To develop and improve expenditure analysis and utilise this approach to ensure that pay and non-pay budgets are managed effectively within the division
- To support the Head of Financial Management & Business Partnering, Head of Financial Management Reporting and other finance managers with the development and implementation of the Trust’s medium to long term strategy
- To lead on the annual business planning and budget setting process for their divisional portfolio
The trust offers a flexible, hybrid working arrangement. You will be required to work on site 1-2 days per week.
This is a fixed term opportunity for 15 months.
To apply, please forward your CV to Kathryn Knight.
Associate Business Director