We are seeking an experienced Finance Controller with a back ground from within FMCG or the retail market. As the Finance Controller, you will take a hands-on approach, whilst leading a small finance team and supporting the senior management team. Qualified or QBE with the relevant technical and sector experience considered.
Based in the picturesque Cotswold region, this role offers a hybrid work arrangement and will play a key role in the future growth and development of the business, providing accurate and robust financial information.
Joining this SME, that has seen outstanding growth to date, you will be working with a passionate team, who have a clear and ambitious vision for the future.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Production of the monthly management accounts, to include profit and loss analysis, rolling profit and loss forecast, balance sheet forecast and cashflow forecast
- Reconciliation of balance sheet, including bank reconciliation, stock reconciliation across stock locations and reconciliation of stock out to invoicing
- Review and approval of all commercial proposals, and provision of support to the sales team
- Approval of all purchase orders for goods
- Administrate and support users of MRP system (Netsuite). Maintain integrity of the data within the system.
- Conduct due diligence on new customers and suppliers, review and approve contracts with new customers / suppliers
- Maintenance of Master documents for product information and costing and customer pricing with the MRP System
- Production of the annual R & D Claim
- Provide information to our external accountant
- Ad-hoc reporting to support team as and when required
- Business partner approach
- Expert Excel skills
- Experience of trading with supermarkets and FMCG
- Sound knowledge of double entry
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Exposure to EU VAT post Brexit