Company Accountant required to join a well-established, family run business, with a turnover of £20m. Ranked in the Sunday Times World first SME Export Track 100 Rankings of the UK’s private small and medium-sized enterprises with the fastest growing exports, you will join a close knit, well run organisation as they continue their impressive growth.
The opportunity will offer some interesting challenges for an ambitious and conscientious person, including adopting new accountancy software, so forward thinking is essential.
Duties will include but not limited to:
Quarterly VAT Return
Monthly reports for the accountants
Monthly reporting to the Bank Manager
Monthly Management Account pack to MD
- Month-End and Year-End Process.
- Point of contact for Accountants and Auditors.
- Payroll, Pension and VAT
- Annual Stock Take.
- Treasury activity
- Insurance renewals/claims
- Vehicle Fleet Management
- Property Company - Produce accounts, payments and invoices for the Farm accounts
- Maintaining Manual Accounts for Sole Trader.
- R&D, Collation of information and liaising with external Accountants
- Continuous Improvement: support ongoing steps to improve systems efficiencies, particularly relating to accounting.
- HR & organising Training as and when appropriate, ensure compliance with all legal frameworks related to HR.
- Health and Safety, along with other H&S team members, ensuring company compliance.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm, with 1 hour paid lunch.
- Experience in working within SMEs
- Sales target based monthly bonus scheme applicable after 6 month’s employment
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus 8 days Bank Holidays
- Company NEST pension scheme