Due to internal promotion and expansion, our client is currently looking to recruit a number of highly driven individuals to enhance their Procurement team. Being part of the largest employer in the county, The Gloucestershire NHS Procurement Shared Service is a department hosted by the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, that was set up to provide Procurement services to three NHS organisations across the county. They have enjoyed tremendous success and growth in recent years and look to bring individuals on board who are aspirational and committed to make a difference, who can stabilise their team during these challenging times to support and enable the organisations long term strategic aims.
The Deputy Head of Procurement (band 8a), will assist and support the Head of Procurement in developing and directing the purchasing and supply strategy for the organisation, as well as the development of a strong customer focus within the procurement & supply team. In addition to the above, key responsibilities include;
- To be the Lead with responsibility for highly complex data, spend and savings analysis and specialist reporting for all areas of procurement.
- To provide an exceptionally high level of professional expertise to assist, develop and manage the implementation of a procurement strategy that meets the current and future needs of the organisation and respond to external drivers.
- To support the Head of Procurement in the development and implementation of procurement policies and client Standing Orders (SO’s) and Standing Financial Instructions (SFI’s)in relation to procurement.
- To lead the continued development and implementation of the procurement strategy across the organisation.
- To recommend and implement where necessary, the development of procurement policies and processes.
- To oversee the organisations contracting and operational procurement activities whilst developing plans to meet the annual cost improvement targets.
- To manage highly complex, high value contracts ranging from 12 months to 10+ years, with effective sustainable management of suppliers to ensure best value and compliance throughout the lifetime of the contracts.
- To manage the Procurement Team and to lead the continued development and implementation of the procurement strategy, ensuring that it provides excellent customer service, professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility and transactional efficiency.
- To ensure that all resources are commercially focussed on delivering sustainable, and responsible, innovative and often, highly complex procurement solutions, in full compliance with relevant UK and EU legislation.
- To utilise specialist knowledge to make decisions, often with an exceptionally high value impact, based on expert specialist knowledge of Procurement law, processes and best practice and to provide specialist advice and support to division managers etc. on highly complex, high level procurement issues.
Knowledge and Experience Required;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent
- High degree of knowledge of relevant legislation including European Union directives on public sector purchasing (Public Contracts Regulations 2015)
- Knowledge of professional purchasing principles acquired through degree or Extensive procurement experience including the use of computerised purchasing systems
- Minimum of 5 years substantial staff management experience
- Experience of engagement on the Lord Carter efficiency programme and other wider NHS procurement initiatives
- Proven procurement experience gained at senior level within the NHS or equally complex environment(s)
- Proven track record of innovation in practice and successful management of material change
- Experience of team leadership from a senior management position, including leadership through periods of substantial change
- Well organised with ability to prioritise tasks within time constraints
- Strong commercial awareness and effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to build constructive relationships internally and externally
- Committed to continuous improvement, including continuing professional development for self and team
This is an exciting and career rewarding opportunity for ambitious Procurement professionals who wish to progress in to senior management, whilst playing a key role in the organisations strategic agenda.
To find out more, please call Lauren Oliver on 07496767474 or Mark Gardiner on 07817210539 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience by the closing date to email@example.com
*CY Executive Resourcing exercise the right to close applications earlier, should a sufficient number of applications be received.