Due to internal promotion and expansion, our client is currently looking to recruit a number of highly driven individuals to enhance their Procurement team. Being part of the largest employer in the county, The Gloucestershire NHS Procurement Shared Service is a department hosted by the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, that was set up to provide Procurement services to three NHS organisations across the county. They have enjoyed tremendous success and growth in recent years and look to bring individuals on board who are aspirational and committed to make a difference, to support their long term strategic aims.
The e-Procurement and Purchasing Team Leader (band 5), will have full responsibility to supervise and manage a small team of Procurement members on a daily basis, as well as managing the procurement of goods, services and works as required. You will work closely and take relevant direction from the Procurement Senior Team, working in line with EU Public Procurement Regulations and Procurement Shared Services clients standing financial instructions. In addition to the above, key responsibilities include;
- To enhance and establish a robust relationship with our clients, ensuring procurements visibility and reputation in the organisations.
- Provision of training, on eProcurement systems and Trusts procurement requirements to a range of end users, ensuring robust procedures are developed and in place.
- Responsible for providing support for P2P system testing and development / enhancements alongside the systems team and monitor eProcurement systems applications including purchase order transmissions, NHSSC portal maintenance and future Developments/requirements.
- Provide, collate and Feedback, complex transactional data analysis to procurement teams and End Users, including medical device alert reports, Freedom of Information Requests, Lord Carter Procurement standard Metrics and Price Comparison Data.
- Support to Procurement teams Annual Workplans and achievement of department’s performance and savings targets for each of its clients.
Knowledge and Experience Required;
- Minimum of 2/3 Years supervising in a purchasing or contracting environment.
- Experience of data analytics, producing reports and being able to interpret complex data from a wide range of sources.
- Intermediate to high level of competence in a range of Microsoft office applications including Excel and Word.
- In-depth knowledge of Purchase to pay (P2P), financial and e-commerce systems, including purchase orders, Invoicing and the procurement cycle.
- Knowledge and Experience of EU Public Procurement Regulations.
- Customer service, client management, conflict resolution and prioritising team duties.
- Appropriate training such as ILM would be an advantage, but will be provided.
- Knowledge and experience of NHS procurement is desirable, but not essential.
This is an exciting and career rewarding opportunity for ambitious purchasing professionals looking to progress their management career under a highly experienced and commercially focussed team.
To find out more, please call Lauren Oliver on 07496767474 or Mark Gardiner on 07817210539 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience by the closing date to email@example.com
*CY Executive Resourcing exercise the right to close applications earlier, should a sufficient number of applications be received.