Salary up to £45,000pa
- Are you an experienced finance professional with an eye for detail?
- Do you work with pace to deliver outcomes?
- Are you committed to ongoing improvements and efficiencies?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our membership based organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant to provide and effective financial accounts service whilst striving to support the delivery of their strategic plans.
The Financial Accountant will maintain the integrity of the organisations balance sheet and manage purchase ordering and accounts payable functions, ensuring expenditure on goods and services is properly recorded and paid when due.
You will also manage the accounts receivable processes and assist HR department to manage the contracted-out payroll function, ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time.
The Financial Accountant will also provide support to budget holders and employees on the purchase ordering system and payroll and other finance queries.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Manage the Financial Accounting Officers including: training; allocation of tasks and responsibilities; daily supervision; and performance management.
- Reconcile the creditor control accounts including salaries and accruals ensuring they agree to the trial balance.
- Reconcile debtor control accounts including cash suspense and credit card control accounts
- Responsible for the ensuring the fixed asset register is kept up to date and agrees to the monthly trail balance
- Calculate the monthly expenditure accruals including purchase order accruals and departmental accruals.
- Manage the financial accounting transactions and controls for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliation including commentary
- Responsible for maintaining the list of payment signatories in accordance with the bank mandate approved by the Chair.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised correctly and invoices are matched to the correct purchase order.
- To manage the transaction processes including initiating Direct Debit collections; reconciling and banking cheques, postal orders and other income (credit/debit card payments); processing refunds; downloading and action BACS reports and credit control.
- Responsible for the daily bank reconciliation for all bank accounts and producing the daily cash position spread sheet.
- Maintain a rolling cash flow forecast consistent with the financial forecast, the budget and in year forecasts as a basis for Treasury management.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Finance Director to assist in the general running of the Department.
- Assist both the internal and external auditors as required, during their audits.
Candidates will be CCAB qualified and have recent experience working in a membership organisation.
For further information please contact Kathryn Knight on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07966 020 574