An interim Director of Clinical Quality opportunity for one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the country, a leading clinical and academic centre with a national and international reputation for excellence.
This Director of Clinical Quality role is a key post in the Chief Nurse’s SMT. The post is of critical importance in the realisation of the Quality Strategy and coordinating all aspects of quality for the purposes of ward to board governance. You will have key working relationships with the executive team and divisional leadership teams.
A critical success factor to this role is the relationship between this post and the executives accountable to the Board of Directors for quality of care including patient safety, clinical effectiveness and patient experience.
Key areas of this role are to:
- Have responsibility for supporting and ensuring the delivery of the Trust’s Clinical Quality Strategy together with its further development;
- Help lead the development of integrated governance and risk arrangements that enable quality to be delivered in the operational divisions but that is monitored and assured corporately;
- Through the Medical Director and Chief Nurse to provide the Trust Board and others with assurance regarding clinical quality, from ward to board;
- In conjunction with divisions involved in front-line service delivery and corporate medical and nursing roles, develop a trust-wide programme for quality improvement;
- Lead on the Quality interface with external agencies such as the Trust’s Commissioners;
- Act as a source of independent advice and arbitration in matters of quality.
For this Director of Clinical Quality role we’re looking for an individual who has significant experience in the NHS and quality and demonstrable success in influencing organisations to implement beneficial change. You will have a track record of strategy development, significance experience of building multi-disciplinary teams and evidence of senior level achievement.
The trust is committed to bringing the best out of its employees and strive to ensure that everyone who works there enjoys job satisfaction and feels proud to be an employee of the Trust.
For further information and an extensive job description please get in touch with Vural Aglamaz at CY Executive Resourcing or submit your CV by clicking apply now.