Interim Financial Controller, Immediate Start, NHS Trust
Our NHS client is looking for an experienced Interim Financial Controller to ensure the provision of an efficient, effective and professional financial accounting service to deliver the Trust’s Annual financial duties, statutory accounts and financial returns.
The Interim Financial Controller will manage and develop the teams providing Financial Services to the Trust, ensuring a high quality service is provided in a timely manner.
- Play a pivotal role in the production of the statutory Annual Accounts and financial returns ensuring they are prepared in accordance with Department of Health guidance and that all external and internal deadlines are met
- Contribute to the short and medium term planning process through maintenance of a robust forecasting model in Financial Accounts
- Develop team members through a process of KPIs, performance review and appraisal, identify training needs and solutions
- Ensure there is a comprehensive, reliable and accurate technical accounting function, keeping up to date with latest relevant guidance
- Lead responsibility to ensure cash and capital for the Trust is managed and accurate forecasts are prepared in line with appropriate guidelines
- Working closely with the Financial Accountant to support Technical Accounts, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger is maintained to accurately record the financial position of the Trust, completing control accounts reconciliations, resolving differences and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Ensure Tax compliance in accordance with HMRC requirements and legislation, including completing VAT returns, approving and reconciling payroll on a monthly basis
- To ensure accounting practice is compliant with IFRS, Treasury Financial Reporting Manual, NHS Improvement guidance, Better Payments Policy, Audit Reports and other guidance as appropriate
- Working with the Financial Systems Development team to support ledger development and electronic working
- Qualified Accountant and member of CCAB body
- Post qualification experience as a Financial Controller within an NHS organisation
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Proven record of directing and motivating staff
- Expert knowledge of NHS financial accounting, and financial services
- Knowledge of ledger systems to provide efficient control account management and reporting for finance returns and annual accounts
- Experience of staff development and promoting values based behaviours
To apply for this role you will be fully CCAB qualified and demonstrate extensive experience of leading the Year End process on behalf of an NHS organisation.
For further information please contact Kurt Rimell-Lejeune on 07531140479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org