Would you like to join a well-established manufacturing company in Worcester as their Procurement Manager? Joining the management team you will work alongside like-minded professionals who share your passion for success. This role promises to bring you a great variety and the chance to influence decision making for the wider business.
The purpose of this Procurement Manager role is to help drive the successful development of the business through:
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of procurement-related activity within the business.
- Managing and executing transactional purchasing activity across direct and indirect materials and sub-contract services
- Improving the effectiveness of supply chain monitoring and risk management
- Contributing to the setting and delivery of sensible targets for cost reduction through leveraging economies of scale and other purchasing related savings and reporting progress
- Managing relationships with key suppliers
- Generating relevant monthly KPIs and management information
- Promoting and overseeing the deployment of best practice polices and processes in procurement and purchasing to reduce supply chain risk and help promote improved performance in quality and delivery
We’re looking for an individual who is CIPS qualified and has the basic requirements of Quality Management Systems equivalent to the latest revisions of ISO9001 and AS9100.
This is a very hands-on role where you will work in a sometimes high pressured environment and have the challenge of balancing strategic objectives with tactical imperatives.
In this Procurement Manager role you will manage the effective operation of the business’ procurement, purchasing and supply management function.
Travel will also be an essential requirement for the role, travelling between sites, therefore you will be highly motivated to do so and be used to domestic travel.
For more information and to receive an extensive job specification please get in touch with Mark Gardiner at CY Resourcing or submit your CV by clicking apply now