Due to internal promotion and expansion, our client is currently looking to recruit a number of highly driven individuals to enhance their Procurement team. Being part of the largest employer in the county, The Gloucestershire NHS Procurement Shared Service is a department hosted by the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, that was set up to provide Procurement services to three NHS organisations across the county. They have enjoyed tremendous success and growth in recent years and look to bring individuals on board who are aspirational and committed to make a difference, to support their long term strategic aims.
The role will be responsible for the delivery of the annual workplan and achievement of targets for specific Customers/Divisions. The post holder will have no budgetary responsibilities but will lead a team setting objectives, monitoring performance and developing the skill set within the team. The role has access to management support but has day-to-day autonomy to manage the direction of the team.
The Procurement Managers are expected to ensure resources are utilised flexibly across PSS. The Procurement Manager will report directly to a Senior Procurement Manager.
- To ensure the annual spend for the Customer/Division for which they are responsible, is spent effectively, both in value for money terms and in accordance with public sector legal / financial probity, safety and adherence to the CIPS Ethical Code and in accordance with Trusts’ Standing Orders/Financial Instructions.
- Responsible for the development, monitoring and delivery of the annual Customer/Divisional workplan.
- Ensure the achievement and delivery of targeted cost savings projected in the annual workplan.
- Responsible and accountable via the Senior Procurement Manager for a number of procurement categories which may encompass multiple commodities of differing complexity and value covering capital, revenue, operating leases, services and maintenance.
- Negotiation and tendering of a range of contracts, the provision of commercial advice, communications with other Trusts and agencies, co-ordination of contractual activities across the Gloucestershire NHS Health Community and participation in collaborative arrangements
- Leadership of Customer/Divisional team
- Deputise for the Senior Procurement Manager
Knowledge and Experience Required;
- Educated to degree level or the equivalent level of relevant experience and knowledge. Ideally qualified to Foundation Stage of MCIPS and be prepared to study for full professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply professional qualification (MCIPS).
- Relevant experience in a large public sector procurement organisation (preferably healthcare).
- Proven experience in managing a team.
- Thorough understanding of commercial issues and purchasing techniques including the rules governing public sector procurement.
- Has demonstrable experience of successfully conducting a range of negotiations across a variety of commodities and market sectors to achieve objectives and deliver savings with ability to lead on strategic and business critical negotiations.
- Highly computer literate particularly in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and experience of procurement P2P, tender portals and contract database and information systems.
- This is an exciting and career rewarding opportunity for ambitious purchasing professionals looking to progress their management career under a highly experienced and commercially focussed team.
To find out more, please call Lauren Oliver on 07496767474 or Mark Gardiner on 07817210539 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience by the closing date to email@example.com
*CY Executive Resourcing exercise the right to close applications earlier, should a sufficient number of applications be received.