- On a daily basis, take responsibility for the supervision of the treasury function within the general finance office to ensure the department is functioning effectively and efficiently. To liaise with the Principal Accountant, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control Team Leaders as and when required.
- Ensuring all relevant bank statements, relating to prior working day, to enable reconciliation. To ensure that at month-end, the current day’s bank statement has been reviewed for any entries that could be made in anticipation of the following day’s tasks.
- Input all University and subsidiaries’ bank, credit card, cash transactions etc to the ledgers
- To be responsible for the efficient processing of all queries that come into the department, and for ensuring that the Treasury Mailbox is reviewed daily and tasks allocated effectively. To monitor responses from the team to ensure queries receive a professional and timely response, be they from external or internal sources.
- To verify specific tasks prior to submission including payments made from the purchase ledger and directly through the on-line banking system. This includes, but not exclusively, authorisation of payments made via BACS – creditor payments, monthly payroll and control of direct debit payments.
- Ensure all Purchase Ledgers (including subsidiaries) are clear of credit balances, arranging for payment to be made to the University from the relevant suppliers. This is to be undertaken on at least a monthly basis.
£22,000 - £26,000
4 months ago