An excellent opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join an outstanding business in Worcestershire. As Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will ensure the smooth running of the department, supervise 2x Purchase Ledger Assistants and identify and implement process changes. This will also be a real ‘hands on’ role with expectations of processing high volumes of invoices and taking responsibility for the daily running of the department. Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Supervision of the Purchase Ledger Assistants and delegation of duties where appropriate.
- Process a large volume of purchase ledger invoices and credit notes onto the accounting system
- Liaise and communicate with suppliers via telephone and email in a professional and efficient manner, and to assist with external auditors.
- To liaise and build relationships with internal departments to ensure the speedy authorization and return of invoices for processing.
- To deal with supplier account queries including: invoice queries; payment requests; general calls and legal matters.
- Process weekly payment runs up to £4million (including international suppliers) and generate remittances.
- To ensure the smooth running of the department, ensuring accounts are not placed on stop or implement actions to resolve any issues which arise.
- Develop and produce monthly reports to identify key Purchase Ledger KPIs and full review of the department.