Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest hospital trusts in the region, with an annual turnover of c£550million, providing high quality acute, elective and specialist care to a population of more than 612,000 people.
The Trust was formed in 2002 with the merger of Gloucestershire Royal and East Gloucestershire NHS Trusts, becoming one of the first Foundation Trusts in the country and runs Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals, as well as Stroud Maternity Unit. Doctors and nurses also see patients at clinics in all of the smaller hospitals across the county. The hospitals are district general hospitals with a great tradition of providing high quality hospital services; some specialist departments are concentrated at either Cheltenham General or Gloucestershire Royal hospitals, to make best use of the expertise and specialist equipment needed. In recent years there has been significant financial investment at both hospitals, resulting in state-of-the-art buildings and facilities for patients with further investment being made to improve services across their sites.
The Trust has been on a tremendous journey in recent years. Having selected the best Executive leaders from the UK’s healthcare industry and along with the support and dedication of the Trusts staff, they have steered the organisation towards financial sustainability as well as achieving an overall improved rating of ‘good’ from the CQC, with some areas marked ‘outstanding’.
To ensure delivery and long term sustainability of this there has been a huge investment in to the finance team, strengthening the departments by implementing a number of key positions to lead and support the various functions and as a result we are delighted to be working on this great opportunity for a Senior Finance Business Partner (8c) to be a driving force in influencing and shaping the direction of travel and supporting the organisation on their journey to ‘outstanding’.
The Senior Finance Business Partner (8c) is responsible for the financial management of the Division (Surgery), leading the delivery of divisional financial plans and their translation into agreed budgets across the organisation. You will lead on the production of accurate and timely monthly financial information for reports to the divisional triumvirate (Chief of Service, Divisional Director of Nursing and Divisional Director of Operations) and the corporate finance teams. You will be required to interpret complex and changing national policy and advise on the financial impact and expected duties coming out of the policy for the Trust and the Division
In addition, the Senior Finance Business Partner will lead on the provision of finance advice and support into the Division and is responsible for:
- Ensure the most efficient and effective way of providing support and to provide the best possible service for customers and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain the level of expert knowledge and skills the subject area requires.
- Carry out necessary diagnostic and development work, identifying the impact on the Trust and then developing and implement the longer-term arrangements and policies.
- Provide appropriate financial input and assurance into Trust-wide groups.
- Acting as part of the Divisional Leadership team, implementing and developing policy and assessing organisational risk.
- Leadership and management of their finance team, ensuring the provision of high quality, accurate and timely financial advice, business intelligence and information.
- Undertaking the role of the senior finance lead responsible for communicating with external stakeholders, this to include involvement in contract negotiations, contract monitoring and service commissioning.
- Provide the development and provision of financial skills training and resources for the Division and non-finance managers across the organisation.
- Have the corporate responsibility for overseeing the delivery of activity information provision to the Division.
The Senior Finance Business Partner will be required to undertake all duties in line with the requirements of the role to support the Director of Finance in the delivery of financial governance and assurance, business and commercial advice across a range of capital and revenue service changes and corporate responsibilities as a senior member of the Trust.
For the right candidate, to work collaboratively as a professional leader with a dynamic and driven team on their journey to ‘outstanding’ will certainly present career defining opportunities as well as substantial personal and professional development.
For further information, a confidential discussion or to request the full information pack please speak to Kurt Rimell-Lejeune at our recruitment partners CY Executive Resourcing.
Formal applications are to be made strictly in the same way, by clicking apply now.