Due to internal promotion and expansion, our client is currently looking to recruit a number of highly driven individuals to enhance their Procurement team. Being part of the largest employer in the county, The Gloucestershire NHS Procurement Shared Service is a department hosted by the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, that was set up to provide Procurement services to three NHS organisations across the county. They have enjoyed tremendous success and growth in recent years and look to bring individuals on board who are aspirational and committed to make a difference, who can stabilise their team during these challenging times to support and enable the organisations long term strategic aims.
The Senior Procurement Manager (band 7) will develop and lead a strategic sourcing programme for specific customers in the Gloucestershire Health Community, in the area of Estates, Facilities and IT. You will meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money, through compliance with customer priorities and contracts and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management. In addition to the above, key responsibilities include;
- Relationship manager for specific customers; pro-actively engage and work in partnership with key strategic stakeholders to understand their business requirements and tailor services to meet their needs.
- Actively promote and market procurement, developing innovative and best value service solutions.
- Leadership of Divisional/Customer teams providing strategic direction and ensuring performance targets (including savings) are achieved and exceeded.
- Coach, mentor and support staff development.
- Manage and deliver multiple and very complex, strategically critical contracts, providing professional and commercial advice, communicating with other Trusts and agencies and co-ordinating contractual activities.
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for synergistic collaborative opportunities.
- Department-wide responsibilities for areas such as defining policies and procedures and co-ordinating responses to DoH requests.
- Support the Head of Procurement in formulating the overall PSS strategy and deputise for the Head of Procurement from time to time on specific areas covered by remit.
Knowledge and Experience Required;
- Management/professional qualification – e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply; Certificate/Diploma in management, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a large complex procurement organisation in a senior leadership role, preferably public sector but not essential.
- Subject matter expert on Estates and Facilities, Complex Construction Projects and Refurbishments.
- Expert knowledge of the European Union directives on public sector purchasing (Public Contracts Regulations 2015), and a proven track record in managing large procurement projects.
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of successfully improving partnerships, collaborative working and stakeholder management in a complex environment.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully conducting strategic and business critical negotiations to achieve objectives and deliver savings.
- Knowledge and experience of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
- Highly computer literate particularly in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and experience of procurement and information systems.
This is an exciting and career rewarding opportunity for ambitious Procurement professionals in the area of Estates and Facilities to really make a difference to improving the delivery of healthcare services across Gloucestershire, under a highly experienced and commercially focussed team.
To find out more, please call Lauren Oliver on 07496767474 or Mark Gardiner on 07817210539 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience by the closing date to email@example.com
*CY Executive Resourcing exercise the right to close applications earlier, should a sufficient number of applications be received.