An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified or part qualified management accountant to cover maternity leave for an initial 6 months.
The successful person will working with management to provide financial information to allow them to make management decisions. Help management use financial information to inform business strategy. Relay information from the Finance Department to the Management Team. Review and appraise capital projects and improvement projects such as debt collection, debt reporting and control.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as our Management Accountant:
- Record and analyse financial transactions for project, department, company and group.
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use, e.g. VAT returns, depot and department accounts and budgets, government statistics, financial analysis and reporting.
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job/product costing.
- Assist in the analysis of financial performance and forecast.
- Review and recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
- Maintain records and support annual audit requirements.
- Internal audit, Year-end stocktaking and help prepare stock valuations.
- Credit Control - improvement project: - lead the team in improving standards, working practices, co-ordinating depot and central credit control processes. Driving efficiency and improving credit control debt collections (DSO) and reporting.
- Advise/assist depot/department manager on financial decisions, debt collection and customer/round profitability.
Skills and Experience we are looking for in our Management Accountant:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified or finalist
- Past experience in a management accounting role
- Business intelligence reporting skills/experience